Friday, August 6, 2010

Moments

Last night, while driving home, I had one of those moments. You know, when your mind is filled with a wonderful emptiness and a common occurrence hits you with total clarity. 
.
Alone in my car, NPR droning in the background, I cruised through dry air while a lightning storm brewed in panoramic view.  As far as I could safely see, the sky was lit behind clouds in large expanses and in front of clouds in powerful strikes.  It was both terrifying and awe-inspiring. I was overcome with child-like giddiness. As I pulled towards the exit ramp, rain began to pelt my window and the brief moment was over.   
.
Tell me, what moments in your life have impressed upon you the mystery, power and love of our creator?

1 comment:

  1. Without question, each time I've held a newborn in my arms - seeing each of you suck in your first lungful of breath. Knowing that I held in my arms a miracle. I really couldn't understand how in the world it happens (technically yes, but the spark of life and individuality - no). All the love, the clarity of priorities, eternity intersecting a defined moment. Too much to process, yet it all came together. A God moment for me, five times over.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...