Thursday, January 13, 2011

Music to My Ears

During our New Years trip to Nashville, we visited Grimey's and Third Man Records to drop a few dollars on new music.  I found The Ettes on vinyl and Eric purchased two cd's of my new favorite band: The Greenhornes.

 
The Greenhornes - 4 Stars
You may remember two of these guys from The Raconteurs, where they joined forces with Jack White to create two hip and rocking albums.  We saw them in concert at the Ryman a few years ago and I smiled the entire time (this may have something to do with the fact that Jack White was wearing a gold jacket and pants with proportionally correct bone placement painted on the front and back, which totally cracked me up).  

 
Garage rock mixed with "oooh's" and "aah's", a droning keyboard or twangy guitar make for an endearing sound that draws me in each time Eric hits play.  I'm washing dishes or reading a magazine and can't keep myself from saying, "I really like these guys!" over and over.  Good thing we are going to see them in Chattanooga in April where they will follow an amazing opening band, Hacienda. Below is a video of one of my favorite songs from their latest album. It's acoustic and different than most of their songs, but a lovely way to introduce you to them.  
 
Get Me Out of Here - by The Greenhornes, 4 Stars


I must admit, however, I am currently addicted to one of their older albums, Dual Mono.  Be sure to check it out for yourself as I couldn't find any good quality videos to share with you.  Two of the songs feature the lovely and peculiar voice of Holly Golightly and all of the songs are my favorite.


Happy Thursday!

1 comment:

  1. I'm always looking out for good new music like this, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...