Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The Hardest Button to Button

Last night I worked out for the first time in months.  This is sad, people.  I want to give you excuses about the holidays and our crazy, busy schedule but they all sound lame.  Which brings me to my next goal for 2011.

Goal number 3: Get in shape - have fun while working out.

This, my friends, is the hardest button to button.

I want to be healthy but I lack motivation.  Hence the "have fun" addendum of my goal.  I hope that by keeping a smile on my face I can convince myself that working out is an enjoyable hobby and something to look forward to.

While Eric and his friend Owen hit the weights, I went to a spin class and did, in fact, enjoy myself.  My bum is rather sore today from the seat and I feel a proud sliver of accomplishment each time it hurts.

My favorite way to have fun while working out is to hit the great outdoors.  And when spring finally arrives, I plan to do just that.

{Eric and I at Edward's Point in Chattanooga - a long time ago}

Why then, do I wince in sharing this with you?  
Do you have any goals you're afraid to share?  

1 comment:

  1. I hate working out - I honestly do. But I love being outside and doing things like hiking and such. It really is so awesome to breath in the fresh air and take in the scenery. Come on warm weatherr!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...