Friday, April 22, 2011

Good Friday

This year's season of Lent held new meaning for me.  

Our church observed Lent through personal choices regarding self denial and a focused time in God's word.  Chris delivered a series on what Christ accomplished at the cross: He took our place, won our victory, gave us freedom, paid our debt, forgave our sin and made us clean.  

It is a humbling process to consider Christ's sacrifice for our gain.  

{artwork by a2 members: Kevin Johnson and Calvin Ross}

In full disclosure, I have not held true to my promises regarding Lent.  I have faltered.  But I have also been drawn to Christ in such a way as never before. 

I was honored to participate in a2 church's devotional blog and would like to share my post with you in observance of today.  You may read it here.  I encourage you to check out the other postings as well.   

I am so looking forward to celebrating Good Friday and Easter Sunday.  If you live in Birmingham and don't have a church home, we'd love for you join us

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...