Every week, Chris' message gets my gears turning and my heart longing for more of what God has to offer. Eric and I leave each Sunday saying "we do not want to forget that!"
So, each week, I'll post something that touched my heart, in hopes that it will touch yours too. If you're intrigued by what you read, check out itunes to download the message for free (search a2 church) or simply click here.
Yesterday, we weren't able to stay for the entire message. So, for this week's post, I am jumping back to the first message of the series Masterpiece, Becoming God's Best Version of You.
When you wish life was an etch-a-sketch
In this message, Chris encouraged us to ponder the following ten questions, originally posed by Don Whitney. Let each question sink in as you consider how the answer could change your 2010.
1. What's the one thing you could do this year to increase your enjoyment of God?
2. What's the most humanly impossible thing you will ask God to do this year?
3. What's the single most important thing you could do to improve the quality of your family life this year?
4. In which spiritual discipline do you most want to make progress this year, and what will you do about it?
5. What is the single biggest time-waster in your life, and what will you do about it this year?
6. What is the most helpful new way you could strengthen your church?
7. For whose salvation will you pray most fervently this year?
8. What's the most important way you will, by God's grace, try to make this year different from last year?
9. What one thing could you do to improve your prayer life this year?
10. What single thing that you plan to do this year will matter most in ten years? In eternity?
Which of these questions resonate with you? Why? What other questions can we ask ourselves to make sure we grow this year?