Thursday, February 10, 2011

What's Old is New

Eric and I hung out with a fun couple this past weekend, playing games and watching a rather silly British comedy.

Among other inspiring and just plain cool pieces in their home, I was drawn to the dresser they used as a TV stand.  We happen to be in need of a new TV stand and I'm now scouring craigslist for the perfect fixer-upper.

My online inspiration is below.  Enjoy!

{Joi removed the middle drawers and used the space as shelves 
for the electronic players.  The side drawers function as storage.}

{Laura added hair pin legs to an old cabinet to 
house her husband's growing record collection}

Have you re-purposed something in your home?  I'd love to hear about it! 

1 comment:

  1. This is a pretty clever idea! Our TV stand is an Ikea bookshelf that I'd much rather use as a bookshelf instead. I mean it's nice and all but you can see all the cords and it just looks so cluttered. I'm ready for something with REAL storage i.e. DOORS!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...