Monday, March 1, 2010

a2 in Review

Yesterday, we continued the series, Unshakable, with a message entitled One. I encourage you to listen to the full message here (or by going to iTunes and searching for a2 Church) or read the message notes on Pastor Chris' blog.


Chris spent time breaking down the trinity of God and how each member of the trinity relates to one another. Then, he blew me away with this: God desires us to experience oneness in our relationships as He experiences oneness in the trinity. Oneness with God, our spouse, our family, our friends, our church body. In fact, Jesus prayed:

I am praying not only for these disciples but also for all who will ever believe in me because of their testimony. I pray that they will all be one, just as you and I are one - as you are in me, Father, and I am in you. And may the be in us so that the world will believe you sent me.
John 17:20-21 (NLT)

For the remainder of this post, I am simply going to list the threats to unity and the spiritual graces that protect unity. As I pray this week, I am asking God to show me practical ways to apply this message in my marriage, my family relationships and my friendships.

Threats to Unity:
1. Criticism
2. Uncontrolled egos

Spiritual Graces that Preserve and Protect Unity:
1. Be humble
2. Be gracious and meek
3. Be patient
4. Be proactive

Always be humble and gentle. Be patient with each other, making allowance for each other faults because of your love. Make every effort to keep yourselves united in the Spirit, binding yourselves together with peace.
Ephesians 4:2-3 (NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...