Monday, October 18, 2010

Local Favorites: Used Bookstore

I will never own an electronic reader.  When engulfed in a story, I need to turn the page, hold the binding, fold down the corner. And I want the book to be all mine.  The freedom to take my time and read for understanding; or pull an all-nighter and pass the book along to a friend.  


Enter 2nd & Charles.  The used bookstore on crack.  Even though the cashiers deny it, it's got to be based on McKay's in Tennessee.  McKay's was a treasured spot for Eric and I.  We bought our textbooks for cheap and racked up on fiction, non-fiction and good music.  On recent trips to Chattanooga, I spent hours perusing the aisles with a goofy grin on my face.


2nd & Charles is exactly the same.  It's huge.  And it has huge potential. Already, I've scored the book Searching For God Knows What, based on a recommendation from a friend; Eric found a blues CD and White Stripes DVD. 

You can buy, sell or trade.  Trading is where it's at.  Reduce, Reuse, Recycle people.  As one sign stated: 


Go home, pack a box with old paperbacks and CDs and get your trade on. Happy reading!

3 comments:

  1. I have been wanting to go there and I almost went on Saturday, now I really want to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so the same way. I think I need to go for sure.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...