Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Gallery Walls

When we first moved into our apartment, I spent an unreasonable amount of time selecting my favorite pictures from our wedding and engagement as well as collecting the perfect assortment of rustic frames.

My mom helped transform it all into a collage for our living room.


Lately, I am drawn to another type of collage - gallery walls.

I especially appreciate gallery walls that are an eclectic mix of DIY pieces, hand-me-down paintings and artwork from garage sales and local thrift stores (like the ones pictured below).


Our quilt-covered couch is old and we hope to replace it soon.  But you know what?  I love our apartment, because it feels like home.  Also, I must say that Eric is handsome and seeing him in a vest and tie makes me all schmoopy.

Two questions for your Tuesday:
What makes you schmoopy?
Do you have a gallery wall in your home?  If so, share a link - I'd love to see it!

3 comments:

  1. Your gallery wall looks great! I love the ones mixed with art too, they add such character to a room!

    My parents have a gallery wall in our living room and I love it so much because it started out as part of the wall but it's grown to almost the whole half of the wall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your apartment wall (partly because I LOVE your wedding pics), but I just can't get into the gallery walls like the other two pics you posted. I think it's because growing up all the old folks I knew (Nana, my grandmother) had walls and walls of photos. In fact, my grandmother had completely covered one whole wall of her living room (and down the hallway) with photos - 3 of which were baby pictures of my dad and his 2 sisters in the gigantic gold frames (seriously, like 3ft tall at least) and every time I sat on her couch I was terrified that one (or more) would come crashing down on my head. But, I do love your style (a lot!) so I'm gonna keep thinking about gallery walls and maybe they'll grow on me. I think my style (country living meets pottery barn, I think) needs some updating, but I really don't know where to start. I need to hire you as a decorator.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...